Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in a school environment. It covers all aspects of support including helping to plan and deliver lessons and supporting learning alongside the teacher, personal development and reflective practice.
With a huge demand for Teaching Assistants there are plenty of opportunities for progression and finding work, this course provides a pathway for people considering a career in the education sector.
The course content includes:
- Personal development and reflective practice
- Promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Developing professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in work with young children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Support children and young people’s health & safety
Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding & Prevent Level 2
Award in Safeguarding & Protecting Children & Young People Level 2
Whether working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, you have a duty of care to safeguard and protect. Working as a teaching assistant requires the need to know how to spot the signs for a wide range of issues. These two courses will ensure you have up to date knowledge of safeguarding policies, legislation and guidance, giving you a deeper understanding of safeguarding issues and how to effectively report them when abuse is suspected.
Successful completion of the Teaching Assistant academy creates employability opportunities within the education sector.
Rotunda College specialises in flexible courses for Adults, with guaranteed job interviews with employers upon completion of course. Start your new career with a bespoke education, skills, training, valid work experience and support for our welcoming team at Rotunda.
If you are interested in signing up you can either:
- Pop along to The Rotunda and talk to a member of Staff
- Call us on 0151 207 2176
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or apply by using the application form below